Now Available: Pioneer Pump Training Resources
The Pioneer Pump® Training Resources webpage is your new tool to maximize pump knowledge and save time and money through proper pump selection. Series 1, Introduction to Pumps, is now live, featuring five instructional videos about multiple topics to help you make the right choice. We will continue to update this page with new content, so be sure to check back often.
Series 1 – Introduction to Pumps
These instructional videos provide simple explanations regarding the core concepts used to design, select, and size the right pump. In this series, you'll benefit from the following topics:
- Basic Hydraulics and Terminology: A brief history of the centrifugal pump and what styles are featured by the Pioneer Pump brand. Get to know the language of the pump industry.
- Centrifugal Pump Construction - Part 1: An explanation of the role of each component inside a centrifugal pump, expanding on different styles or options and their various uses
- Centrifugal Pump Construction - Part 2: Further details regarding configurable pump options like flanges, priming systems, and materials of construction.
- Mid-Level System Design - Part 1: A walk-through of the basic methodology of analyzing the piping system for the pump. Includes definitions and example calculations.
- Mid-Level System Design - Part 2: Further detail on different pump arrangements, concepts, and calculations for sizing a pump, as well as an introduction to pump curves.